Mon, 07 Dec|
Introduction to Autism
A great course for anyone new to autism - perhaps you think your child might be autistic and want to find out more, or they have just received a diagnosis, and you want to increase your knowledge of autism.
Time & Location
07 Dec 2020, 10:00 – 13:30 GMT
About the Event
This is a relaxed and friendly session for those who think their child may be autistic, or have just received a diagnosis. Also for anyone wanting a refresher - or perhaps a member of an extended family who wants to understand more about autism. We will look at:
- What is autism? We will look at the diagnostic criteria and what this means in reality for you and your family
- Some strategies that may help you in supporting your autistic child
- Sharing things that we may find difficult as parents, but also positives
- A chance to get to know other families and feel listened to
- Lots of resources, including video links, books, support groups etc
We will have a 45 minute break from 11.30-12.45 for lunch and general break from the screen. So the course will actually be 2 hours and 45 minutes in total.
Course costs £25 per person. You will be sent an email with details of how to pay - please note that your place is not secured until you have paid. Your will then be sent a zoom link & more details nearer the time.
*Please note the trainer will not be able to comment on whether your child is autistic, if you do not already have a diagnosis.