Sat, 27 Feb|
What is Autism PART 1
This course is perfect for people who are new to autism - perhaps a loved one has just had a diagnosis, or you think they may be autistic. Please note it is the first part of a 2 part course.
Time & Location
27 Feb 2021, 11:00 – 12:00 GMT
About the Event
This is a relaxed and friendly session for those who think their child may be autistic, or have just received a diagnosis. Also for anyone wanting a refresher - or perhaps a member of an extended family who wants to understand more about autism. This is the first part of a 2 part course (it has been split into 2 one hour sessions to make it easier to set aside time to attend). Over the course of the 2 sessions we will look at:
- What is the diagnostic criteria for autism and what this means in reality for you and your family
- Some strategies that may help you in supporting your autistic child
- Sharing things that we may find difficult as parents, but also positives
- A chance to get to know other families and feel listened to
- Lots of resources, including video links, books, support groups etc
Your will then be sent a zoom link & more details nearer the time.
*Please note the trainer will not be able to comment on whether your child is autistic, if you do not already have a diagnosis.
Admission for one person. Please note this is the first part of a 2 part course. You will need to buy a ticket separately for part 2