What is Autism PART 1
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a relaxed and friendly session for those who think their child may be autistic, or have just received a diagnosis. Also for anyone wanting a refresher - or perhaps a member of an extended family who wants to understand more about autism. This is the first part of a 2 part course (it has been split into 2 one hour sessions to make it easier to set aside time to attend). Over the course of the 2 sessions we will look at:
- What is the diagnostic criteria for autism and what this means in reality for you and your family
- Some strategies that may help you in supporting your autistic child
- Sharing things that we may find difficult as parents, but also positives
- A chance to get to know other families and feel listened to
- Lots of resources, including video links, books, support groups etc
Your will then be sent a zoom link & more details nearer the time.
*Please note the trainer will not be able to comment on whether your child is autistic, if you do not already have a diagnosis.
- General Admission£13£130£0